Monday, April 22, 2013

Fan art dribbling...

Started inking 'Lights' today.
Its a fan art pic of Campara von Pyre and Pendulum Tin from Decembersville, based off my favorite chapter.
I forget what number it is but it's the one when Campy finally realizes that the Sun Conjurer that she and her brothers  threw to the Chopping Place (a really horrible prison) awhile back and not before killing his whole family (I know for sure one of his sisters is alive, I don't know about the others) is Tin. Tin is practically one of the first people she's ever somewhat cared about probably ever. It's been a few months since I read the chapter so it's kind of fuzzy, don't hold me to that.
But pretty much, she gets thrown into this tornado of torn up feels. Like she can't understand why Tin was so nice to her after what her family did to him and she's extremely guilty because well... She loves Tin. I don't think it's officially in a 'Romantic' sense, cause for awhile I was pretty sure they were headin' down that road and then the creator said something on tumblr about how she doesn't understand why everyones just assuming they're together and while it makes me sulky, I like to stick with what's canon over my fan girlisms. But I want to think she does love him. If anything, as someone she very much so cares about.
It's just like this moment of clarity for her, where she suddenly realizes she has to take responsibility for her actions and inaction's of the past toward her town because they've resulted in many people getting hurt. People like Tin.
I hated seeing poor Campara get jostled around and put down by the Rebels cause she's my favorite character. And though she sorta deserved it, I still wanted to smack Wonka and the others upside the head for making her cry.
But she did deserve a wake up call. ....Still wanna smack Wonka. I think I'll draw it. Yep. I'm gonna draw it.

But 'Lights' was sort of my way of showing off Campara's torn feels toward Tin. I think it's looks awesome so far you know except for the face that Campy looks like a fucking princess.
(sobs) I didn't catch it until it was too late! I made her look like a princess! I hate it when I do stupid fuck ups like that...
Eh. Whatever. I'll probably finish that in a couple days though : )
Yay, first Decembersville rant on mah blog! There will probably be more...

No comments:

Post a Comment